Everyone in this entire world will spend forever somewhere. The question is where will YOU spend your forever!
We live in a world that’s built on “I think”, “I hope”, and many other not so sure commitments. A person’s salvation should not be based upon a “Hope so”, “Think so”, or even a “Maybe so” experience. Where you spend eternity should, however, be constructed on a definite “KNOW SO” life changing event.
I John 5:13, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God: that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
Here’s how you may KNOW that you are going to heaven: The Answer Is In The Bible.
1. YOU MUST REALIZE THAT EVERYONE IS A SINNER.
(This includes you, your neighbors, the mayor, the president, and even the pope.)
Romans 3:10 – “none righteous”
Romans 3:23 – “all have sinned” (Romans 3:19 & Isaiah 64:6)
2. THE PENALTY FOR YOUR SINS IS DEATH.
(This is an eternal separation from God spent in Hell.)
Romans 6:23 – “the wages of sin is death”
Luke 16:23 – “in hell he lifted up his eyes” (Matthew 10:28 & Revelation 20:14, 15)
3. JESUS PAID YOUR PENALTY IN FULL AND OFFERS SALVATION TO YOU AS A FREE GIFT.
(This Salvation is a NEW life spent with the Lord here on earth as well as in the Glory of Heaven.)
Romans 5:8 – “in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us”
Ephesians 2:8 – “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.”
4. YOU MUST REPENT OF YOUR SINS AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL.
(This is done, with sincerity, in the heart of an individual.)
Mark 1:15 – “repent ye, and believe the gospel”
Acts 20:21 – “repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ” (Matthew 9:13 & II Peter 3:9)
5. WITH GODLY SORROW IN YOUR HEART, HUMBLE YOURSELF BEFORE GOD. TRUST IN JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR. BELIEVE WITH ALL YOUR HEART THAT CHRIST DIED, WAS BURIED, AND ROSE AGAIN TO BRING ETERNAL LIFE TO YOU THROUGH HIS BLOOD.
II Corinthians 7:10 – “godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation”